Thursday, December 3, 2009

Carriage for one please!

Okay for real, 14 flipping degrees, that is straight up ridiculous! Not to mention that does not include the wind chill...BRRRR!!! I have worn my warm wool sweater and a long sleeved button up under, and man oh man, I am still chilled to the bone. I am seriously considering putting on some gloves to type this post. Mental image??
Onto a little bit of a rant, sorry I need to get this off my chest. So a particular indivdual we will call her A, had told me a little secret about a surprise at our annual holiday party that our company was throwing and had asked me not to repeat it because it was a surprise. Since I am 100% positive only 1 person reads this from my office I will let it out...we are having horse carriage rides. Wow, totally awesome right?! Well, yes and no. For every married couple (I'm going with 99% of the people that are attending) totally awesome romantic, blah, blah, blah, vomit! For me the fabulous single girl in the city, not so much. What am I supposed to do when I get up to the horse and carriage? Ask for a carriage for one?? Or worse yet have to ride with another married couple while they feel bad for me for not finding a date...not so awesome. Annnyway, the problem. So A told me this 'secret' and I was out for a friends birthday at a bar on Friday and ran into we will call her B who also works in HR at our comapny. I was joking about the carriage, for one thing because let's be honest here there is some humor in the situation. Didn't think twice about the situation, she already knew the secret, not a big deal. Haha, all is good and dandy until this morning. Before 8 O'clock A was in my office all flustered and angry that I had talked to B about it even though B already knew!?? What the H!??? Anyway, I got a swift reprimand from A, even though she is 2 years older than me, which for some reason jabs the knife in my back a little deeper, and basically at the same level, and was left feeling like dog poo. I hate it when people make you feel like that. I feel like for the most part I am a kind, caring, and generous person, but I feel like more and more each day people are throwing me under the bus. Why?? On top of it all I had planned on making a quirky little post about the carraige for one and now look where I am?? Bitter table for one? Now!!! I realize that is a rather pointless story to most of you out there but I needed to put it in writing somewhere where hopefully it didn't get repeated to someone else and in turn another reprimand. Not a fun day.
On a brighter note, some of the bows turned out pretty darn cute. Others turned out like I had been sitting on them the whole night, haha, whatever, they are still cute. I forgot to take a picture but you can take my word for it. :) Now all I have to do is celebrate at the infamous cookie party tomorrow and show up for the Big Brothers Big Sisters event on Saturday, then home freeee!! Can't wait! Sorry again for the ridiculous rant but my oh my what a morning!
I just need to put on my happy face in a sea of debbie downers and






maybe buy me one of these on my way home just for good measure.!

1 comment:

  1. Write it out, Linds...just wrriiite it out. :) Don't worry - everyone loves you more than A & B! :) :) :) I'm sorry you had a shitty day. I would pay big bucks to see your smiling face on Saturday morning...I'm going to see to it that you aren't feeling hot after the cookie party....maybe even find ice in your hair (instead of mulch) on Sat. morning!

    Love you!
    Just call me "K". :)

    ReplyDelete