Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Snip Snip...

No joke, I'm going under the knife, YIKES!! Apparently, gall bladder problems run in my family so seeing as my dad has his removed 40 years ago or so, I suppose its now my turn. After some rather excruciating pain throughout most of last week, I finally bit the bullet and trekked over to the doctor's office. They immediately rushed me to get an ultrasound where they announced I have a huge gall stone about 2.5 CM large...awesome. So now not only do I have to go under the knife but its not even for anything cool. It's not like its some rare disease where the doctor only gets to operate on cases like that every 10 years. Nope, this is the second most common surgery in the US. So when people ask me why I am taking all of next week off from work I get to come back with the awesome answer, "oh that, yeah I'm having my gall bladder out. Don't be too jealous." Yes, I am in my twenties and having the surgery a male may have in his 60's but you know, whatever. So I am not only a little bit worried about having my first surgery ever, but then my neighbor just told me his 'horror' story of his gall bladder surgery. He went into the hospital with an innie belly button and something about the lapriscopic blah blah blah, he came out with an outtie belly button! OH.MY.GOODNESS! I can't even make this stuff up if I wanted to. I guess if that is the least of my worries though I will be okay. Here are some jokes at my expense, of course. Happy hump day ya'll!

2 comments:

  1. I'm preeeetttyy sure you have rhinestones, not gall stones. hahha that's awesome. If you end up with an outie, think about all the cool belly rings you can dangle from it!!!! :) :) :)

    Love ya and hope the surgery goes well...I will be your nurse when W can't be around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only people would get to work instead of sending you cool jokes! :) No more thinking about the surgery until it is timmmme, it will be fine! Me and Chloe will be over to make you feel better as soon as we can :)

    ReplyDelete