Friday, March 12, 2010

Biggest Gainer!?

Wait what!? That is correct. This year I have decided to join about 40 or so of my co-workers in a friendly 'biggest loser' competition in my office. I have been wanting to shed some of my stored flubber (yes like a whale) for about 2 years now and the fact that I call it my winter weight all year long I think is getting a little old...just saying. So I bit the bullet, turned in my $25 entry fee and cut out reagular soda. If any of you know me you know that I cannot stand to drink diet soda. I know the sugary brown stuff is bad for my bones, my skin, my teeth, blah blah blah I L.O.V.E it, so giving it up is a huge feat for me. The first two three weeks of this competition went fairly well. I even won one week for losing the largest percentage of body fat, what what! So now we are almost half way through our 12 week journey and I had been consistently losing weight..until this fateful week. Whoops!! I jumped on the scale knowing the numbers weren't going to look pretty and sure enough NO GOOD!! I'm talking like almost back to where I started, not quite there but darn close enough, bummer!! I know now that I need to start exercising more (that whole look like a cheetah while running thing kind of fizzled), and need to start watching what I eat more closely. Unfortunately, this means I cannot make the cab stop at McDonald's on the way home from the bars at 2:30 in the morning and I must resist the concession stand at the movies, my two weaknesses. So here is to a new week of losing the winter weight and changing my habits! Have a great weekend everyone! I promise to show pictures of my finally complete bedroom. Oh and of course, Kaneil if you're reading this have a wonderful time at your engagement party and sooo sad I can't make it!! HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!

1 comment:

  1. OMG....complete de ja vu reading this post. Don't you remember me crying in your office last year after weighing in for TBL???? Don't you worry lil missy - I'm panicking here, too. Wedding Shape Up is NOT going well...
    My trick for the movies is to pop a 100 cal bag of popcorn and put it in my purse, along with a good granola bar, sugar free candy, and/or diet soda. That way, you can snack with everyone else and save about 1000 calories. Let me know if you try this out! Miss you tons...have fun being a momma this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete