Monday, January 24, 2011

I finally did it!

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for a road race. I have been talking about running my first half marathon going on three years now and have never done it!! So I decided enough was enough and I took the first step. I signed up to be on a relay race for the Colfax Half Marathon in Denver this summer. I opted to get my 10K race out of the way before the summer marathon so I will be running a little over 6 miles. I better get my booty to a gym STAT!! I have always been the type of person to need a little motivation in my life. If I say I am going to do something I need to have an end goal in sight, not just oh yeah this year I will do it. I need a firm date of when I will complete this, just the way I do things I suppose. Not only is it my first ever 10K but it is also on the morning of my birthday, I'm thinking this one could not get any better. Have any of you had good experiences with road races, or horror stories for that matter??

I have chosen to work with Hal Higdon's novice training schedule to ensure that I stay on track with my training and that I kick some booootay in my first half marathon. Here's to 13.1 in 2011~!

1 comment:

  1. woo hooooo!!! CONGRATS ON SIGNING UP! I know you can do it, missy! Miss you lots and wish we could train together! :( I'm running a half on April 30th. better get on it, myself!

    xoxo Mrs. Ritter ;)

    ReplyDelete