Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Derby Day Take One

So I'm sure many of you saw on the coverage of the Kentucky Derby that the weather in Louisville was nothing shy of miserable. When we arrived in Cincinnati the weather was a beautiful 80 degrees and same with the weather in Lexington on Friday. Unfortunately I was awoken by massive thunder on Saturday morning, of course the day of the derby!! Needless to say we got soaked from head to toe, but it was one of the top 5 best weekends of my whole life!! There was seersucker, critter pants, and lily pulitzer galore, my dream!! I will post of few pictures and then continue to do a full recap tomorrow when my brain is a little less foggy. I hope ya'll had a great derby day and celebrated with a mint julep!
The famous Churchill Downs. This was right after the derby, look at all those people!
First drink of the derby, my mint julep. Unfortunately not in a silver cup, sorry firecracker :)



Before the crazy muddy mess!

Shot of the group still looking kind of dry.

Totally SOAKED!
After my slilp n' slide adventure..notice the color variations in my dress?? I think its ruined :(
PS Soooo glad sissy face H could make it down from Chicago, lover you!

1 comment:

  1. omg looks like you had such a spectacular time! my brother went too and i am so jealous of you guys!

    did you love your julep? yummo.

    i hope you can save your dress, it's so cute. would seltzer help? i don't really know, i'm just sad for your dress.

    ReplyDelete